System requirement for running SaxoTrader
1. Operating system
Windows 2000, Windows XP (except 64-bit), Windows Vista or Windows 2003 server
2. Internet browser
Internet Explorer 5.5 or later must be installed but does not need to be the default browser.
CPU: Pentium 1.5 GHz
Free hard disk space: 200 MB
Modem/Internet connection: 56 kbps modem (56 kbps is possible but not recommended. 56 kbps might present problems when downloading the installation and upgrades)
Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (16 bit)
RAM: 512 MB (1.5 GB if you are running Microsoft Windows Vista, because Windows Vista alone needs 1 GB)
CPU: Pentium 4, 2.5GHz or faster
Free hard disk space: 200 MB
Modem/Internet connection: 256 kbps or faster
Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024, true color (24 bit) colors
RAM: 2 GB (at least 2 GB if you are running Microsoft Windows Vista, because Windows Vista alone needs 1 GB)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 must be present on your computer in order to run SaxoTrader.
In order to view some of the analysis pages incorporated into the SaxoTrader, Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed. The latest version of the program can be downloaded from Adobe.
In order to view some of the instructional videos you must have Adobe Flash Player installed.
Java virtual machine must be installed to view the Streaming News and Instrument Information pages.
Can SaxoTrader run on Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows Me system?
Windows 95 and 98 (First edition)
SaxoTrader cannot be run on Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows ME. The Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 required for running SaxoTrader is not supported by these versions of Windows.
Will SaxoTrader work if it is located behind a firewall?
SaxoTrader is designed to operate securely through a firewall.
SaxoTrader attempts to automatically detect the correct communication settings from Internet Explorer. If you are having problems and are situated behind a firewall or proxy server, check with your system administrator that the relevant ports are open as follows:
- A HTTP port (port 80 or 8080) must be open. This port is used for program downloads and for web pages in the SaxoTrader.
- Port 1001 must be opened for access to the simulation server: mitssimul.iitech.dk (IP address 22.214.171.124), live server: mitslive.iitech.dk (IP address 126.96.36.199). This port is used for encrypted communication with the trading server.
Can I change the layout of SaxoTrader?
The layout can be completely customised enabling you to:
- Add, name, edit or delete Views (with their access tabs) from the View menu
- Add modules to a view from the Trading menu
- Save changes to the workspaces from the File menu. You will also be asked if you want to save any changes when you exit the SaxoTrader
Also SaxoTrader features a docking system that allows you to glue modules to fixed places within a View. Modules can be displayed in a variety of different formats, including tabbed documents and free-floating panels that allow you to place modules outside of the workspace (ideal if you are working with more than one screen).
Is communication between SaxoTrader and trade servers secure?
All communication between SaxoTrader and the trade servers is well encrypted using the Microsoft CrytoAPI and uses the Microsoft Base (or Enhanced) Cryptographic Provider. The encryption algorithms used are the RSA public key exchange algorithm and the RC4 stream encryption algorithm with a session key length of 128 bits. The SaxoTrader uses private/public key pairs to authenticate users and these key pairs are randomly generated from SaxoTrader. The public key is automatically sent to the bank for safe storage and the private key is stored on the client's machine. The private key can be either 512 or 1024 bits long and for all practical purposes, is impossible to break.
With proper local administration of their User ID and Password, clients can be fully confident that they are well protected against misuse of their accounts from the Internet.
How "Live" are the prices in SaxoTrader?
FX and CFDs products live prices are streamed to the platform directly through our liquidity providers.
SaxoTrader supports direct Forex trading on major currencies up to USD 20,000,000. Trades are executed on the price displayed (what you see is what you get) directly from our price feed; thus making dealing quicker, more convenient and efficient. Our prices are highly competitive and we maintain a low fixed spread between the bid and ask prices, except in extreme market conditions. This tight spread is further proof of the quality and immediacy of the price data we provide.
Live prices on Stocks/Futures are streamed to the platform from the exchanges via a data vendor. In order to view live prices, clients must sign an agreement with the particular exchange on which the instrument is traded.
Can I use SaxoTrader Live from multiple PCs using the same login (user ID and password)?
SaxoTrader can be used on several different PCs using the same User ID and password.
For example, to trade on your laptop, as well as your desktop, simply copy your security key from your original PC (where the key was created) to the other PCs.
- Insert a blank disk into the PC where the original is installed.
- Log on to the SaxoTrader.
- Select Tools > Options > Key Management > Backup Key.
- Enter a password when prompted (any code with a minimum of 4 characters) to protect your key. This pin code must be entered correctly before the backup key can be reloaded.
To install your account on another PC:
- Download and install.
- Log on using your assigned User ID and the Password you selected during registration.
- When you first log on to the live system, a dialogue will be displayed instructing you to generate a key. Click OK.
- The Key Management dialogue will open, allowing you to set up the security key for your trading system.
- Click Load backup key.
- Enter the location (drive and folder) where the backup copy of your security key is located. To do this, click Browse and select a drive and folder accessible from your PC.
- Enter the password you used to protect your key and click Next.
- A dialogue will be displayed to inform you that the key was successfully copied to this computer. Click OK to acknowledge this dialogue.